Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Phew!

It was the first day of school for my district today.  Being in a new building with different procedures that my last school, let's just say that I learned a lot today.

When the bell rings at 7:55 in the morning, my kiddos came in to class from the cafeteria where they all wait and some eat breakfast when they arrive, to drop off their book bags.  Not realizing what was going on, I had them all have a seat and began talking with them.  After about 5 minutes I happened to look out the window and saw that the rest of the school was at recess.  My poor kiddos!  I felt so bad, but like I told them, I won't make that mistake again.

One can't say that I over plan, especially today.  Although I was where I wanted to be for math, and the reading portion of the day, what I planned for science and social studies took less time than I expected, and covered the material for the next two days!  Oh well, that works well because we've got lots to do!

One more thing I learned today, is that the shoes I've been practically living in all summer are much more comfortable than the fancy shoes I chose to wear today.  So glad I brought my comfortable pair just in case, because I needed them.

All in all, it was a great first day.  I think we're going to have a great year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment