Sunday, September 1, 2013

Survived Week 1

When I came home Friday afternoon, I was so exhausted from the week that I fought to take a nap.  It was such a busy week, so much got planned and accomplished.  I got to know my new students pretty well.  I now know which ones will be helpful and which ones will be a challenge.  If I were to compare my crew from last year and this year, and I'd have to say there is a similar dynamic going on.

In spite of that, we've accomplished quite a lot.  We've already started talking about our state, locating key places and also talking about the role of the 3 branches of our government.  They've started a research project on our state, such as what our state flag, motto, bird, tree, flower, and so on are.  This Thursday we'll be doing Mystery Skype.  We have our first "meeting" with a 2nd grade class two states away, then we'll be doing the same with others who are waiting for things to be arranged.  I just wanted to have 1 under our belt to get an idea what to expect from this point on.

This afternoon I'll be bring to class our new "pets", if you will.  I know not everyone will feel this way, but my students are excited about getting Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches,  and I am too.  My colleagues are slightly grossed out, and I know some of the parents feel that way as well.  I know that we have to make sure they don't get out, and I have prepared all of the precautions, I think......

No comments:

Post a Comment